Halloween How-To: Hunger Games Hair
There are a few days left before Halloween… and if you’re getting things together at the last minute for your costume, consider this hair how-to as inspiration – especially if you’re a Hunger Games fan. Channel your inner Katniss with this step-by-step from Pravana. Plus, as we saw during NYFW, braids are so totally on trend.
What You’ll Need:
Wand Curling Iron
Super Shape Hair Spray
Clear Hair Elastics
TWIST Fiber Paste
1. For straight hair, begin by creating texture with an iron and a light mist of Super Shape.
2. Part hair off to one side.
3. Begin a reverse or dutch braid on the opposite side of the part by taking the side strands beneath the center strands.
4. Keep working in this fashion around the head while twisting and pulling pieces in to join the braid.
5. Continue braiding through to the ends of the hair, then secure with an elastic band.
6. Lightly pull at the braid for a looser look.
7. Separate and twist pieces of fringe using TWIST.
8. Accessorize adventurously, completing the Katniss ensemble with a leather jacket, boots, bow, and arrow.
Additional products and information available at pravana.com.