Spotlight on Beauty: Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trios
A few weeks ago, at a special breakfast preview held at Home Studios, a posh Loft in the Union Square area of Manhattan, we got a sneak peek at Shiseido’s Fall 2010 collection. While the entire line is outstanding (what else would you expect from Shiseido?), what really caught our eye was the “Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trios ($33),” specially designed by Shiseido’s Makeup Artistic Director, Dick Page.
Inspired by a series of photographs which Page took during his world travels, the British makeup artist, managed to create – a series of seven eyeshadow sets that are lively, bright, and full of live. And, we are in awe of his artistic vision, and the funky palettes his work achieved.
The color combinations:
- Snow Shadow – inspired by the view from a plane flying, over Long Island, New York, on a winter afternoon.
- Fire – inspired a campfire in Nevada.
- Opera – inspired by Parisian architecture near the Opera Garnier, set against a blue springtime sky.
- Boudoir – inspired by a scene of an unmade bed in a room glowing with diffused pink light.
- Jungle – the inspiration from the rainforest of Dominica, in the West Indies.
- Tropicalia – inspired by a vividly colored succulent plant in a garden in Los Angeles, California.
- Strata – inspired by a rock face in Chaco, New Mexico.
The Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trios ($33) is available for purchase at Sephora, Macy’s at other select stores.