You Won’t Believe Who OPI Recently Teamed Up With (Hint: Its a Hardware Company)
Sometimes, after a particular good mani situation, I think to myself– this color would look great on my wall. I thought this was an experience common only to me. As it turns out, there are others who share my need to have OPI Red as an accent paint color or at least that’s what Ace Hardware would lead me to believe.
Recently, Ace Hardware and OPI partnered to bring beloved nail lacquers to paint stations near you with the creation of the OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington. The partnership is the first of its kind and combines Ace’s expertise in paint with OPI’s expertise in color to create a mesmerizing selection of colors that are (obviously) targeted to women. “We are thrilled to offer women a unique way to extend their personal style into their decorating style through paint color,” said Mary Rice, President and General Manager of Ace Paint. “The OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington was curated to encourage consumers to bring fashion-forward colors into their homes through the hues they’ve grown to love in the nail salon.”
The collection which arrives in stores this month, will debut with three collections featuring six iconic OPI shades each, for a total of 18 new paint colors. Additionally, each of the OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington collection will also offer five coordinating Clark+Kensington colors. You know what this means: color selection for the days which can create a situation if you have a problem making decisions. However, Ace Hardware is already one stop ahead and curated looks for certain types of personalities. I got a sneak peeks at the looks. Here there are:
The Artist – For the Original, Inspired, Spirited & Charming
- Featuring OPI’s Keeping Suzi at Bay, Miami Beet, Don’t Touch My Tutu!, Gargantuan Green Grape, Samoan Sand and I Eat Mainely Lobster
The Wild Heart – For the Fresh, Daring, Dynamic & Chic
- Featuring OPI’s Can’t Find My Czechbook, Black Onyx, My Pointe Exactly, Do You Lilac It?, Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Vant to Bite My Neck?
- Clark+Kensington pairings include Lavender Bliss 41B-2, Cymbidium Orchid 23C-5, Late Night Serenade N-C21, Silent White CW-C1 and Fashion Fix 01C-6
The Romantic – For the Sophisticated, Confident, Iconic & Glam
- Featuring OPI’s OPI Red, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, My Very First Knockwurst, Chick Flick Cherry, My Vampire is Buff and Over the Taupe.
- Clark+Kensington pairings include Garden Stone N-C10, Swaying Palm Trees 25B-7, Natural White CW-W1, Crazy in Love 06C-1 and Wisdom of the Ages 25B-5
The new color collection is slated to arrive at over 3,200 Ace Hardware stores nationwide this month.