Sneak Peek: Forever 21 Fall 2011
Last week Forever 21 hosted a small cocktail party at Skylight West studios to showcase their Fall 2011 collection to a group of fashion editors and stylist. The party which was complete with cocktails and light bites also boasted the presence of Linda Chang (she along with her Sister are the women behind the brand). The woman behind the brand was on hand to walk editors through the collections (and this doesn’t happen everyday day) and explain the inspiration for the upcoming season. The Fall Collection 2011 is broken into four themes and they are Boho, Vintage Darling, Rustic Cabin and Midnight Angel For Fall 2011 (see below for explanation). Look for the collection to arrive in stores starting September.
· Inspired by 70s music scene with a mix of Cochella for today
· This girl (and guy) embraces their free spirit and is into music, fashion and blogging
· Think “Just Famous” LA music dcene…but “less grunge”
· Turning old things into new by making it modern
· Oversized clothes and pearls
· Traditional blends of knits and prints for fall with a bite
· Navajo inspired
· Desert color palette
· Usage of natural elements such as raw canvas and natural leathers
· Turquoise jewelry and desert rose bronze accessories
· Punk era hip style from New York’s LES
· Bursts of neon against black
· This style maven takes traditional items and alters them to suit their personal look (i.e. crop top and harem pants)
Images (below) unless otherwise indicated are courtesy of Forever 21.