Featured Stories Parties Places & Faces
And not just any kind of “lab”, we are talking a unique spaced designed for creatives and entrepreneurs. The New Lab, the first-of-its-kind space, was created to serve the needs of the growing group of individual workers who lacked the resources to
Actress Hailee Steifnfeld playful and youthful Donna Karan dress was complemented by perfectly tousled hair care of Marcus Francis with the help of Kérastase Paris. “The punk themed MET Ball was a time for creative interpretations in a modern and still beautiful way. Because Hailee’s Donna Karan dress was playfully rough with white leather and safety pin embellishments, I thought her hair should be equally as edgy, and mimicked the shaved side flipped over hairstyle popular during this time,” he explains.
How to get the look:
– Start with the end of a tail comb. Then section a deep side part using the arch of the eyebrow as a guide. Follow it back to the nape of the neck an pin up to later twist.
– Once you’ve done this Apply Kérastase Mousse Substantive to small sections of air dried hair from roots to ends. To create the punk era texture scrunch hair using a diffuser until dry and piecey.
– To create Hailee’s lock grab random sections and curl using a 1″ barrel curling iron. This gives the hair a slightly undone feel.
– Proceed with Kérastase Capital Force Homme Gel. Appy in small sections from roots to ends and apply to the side that is sectioned off. From the hairline, twist the hair to slightly mimic a corn row braid, keeping it taut and close to the head, and secure with an elastic when you get to the base of the hairline at the nape.
– Dry and scrunch ends with a diffuser.
– Add a horned hair comb for that extra nod to the punk era, making the placement a bit unpredictable.
– Secure the swoop over shape across the forehead with bobby pins and Kérastase Double Force Controle Ultime Hair Spray.