Get the Look: Reese Witherspoon at the 2015 Golden Globes
2015 awards season has quickly swooped in on us and tonight’s 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards brought out the stars and styles of today in their efforts to make best dressed lists everywhere (and win some awards, of course).
Wild‘s leading lady Reese Witherspoon took to the carpet in a shiny Calvin Klein number. To complement the actress’ sequin dress, celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel created a lovely side-swept style with subtle waves and a clean side-part. The key themes that inspired Witherspoon’s glamorous hair were “simplicity, modernity, and effortless texture.”
Here’s how to get this chic and timeless look with the help of John Frieda:
– Create a severe side part and then apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz-Immunity Primer to towel-dried hair to serve as the perfect styling base.
– To continue building the perfect foundation for this style, spritz John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray from roots to mid-shaft and then just concentrate on roots with John Frieda Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion.
– Next, rough dry hair until it is nearly dry (this helps bring out the natural texture and increase volume). Then, using a medium-sized boar bristle brush, blow dry the top front section in a sweeping direction to create a beautiful sweep of hair, which can also help to hide shorter bangs underneath.
– After drying the rest of hair smooth, use a curling iron (1 ¼” recommended) to wave hair from mid-shaft to ends, leaving the ends more undone.
– To finish the look, pull hair over to one side and secure it with a few bobby pins, making sure the opposite side of cascading hair is pulled tight. Lock in the style by misting Frizz EaseKERAFLEX Flexible Hold Hairspray for a flawless finish.