Who Hosted the Best Party in 2010? Read and Find Out
Being fabulous is hard work.
Just how hard? Last year myself along with FAB! staffers attended countless parties that had us rubbing elbows with the rich and famous; we partied with Alicia Keys, breathed Oprah Winfrey’s air, chatted with Iman, watched musicians like Janelle Monae, Robin Thicke, Sheryl Crow and Estelle perform and that’s just a small sampling of our 2010.
Now imagine having to select the “10 best” from the many amazing events which happened last year. See the problem? The seemingly onerous task didn’t damper our resolve to create a solid list of good parties and we managed to narrow it down.
The criteria for the top events chosen consisted of exclusivity, ambiance, A-listers in attendance, and another very secret criteria. Here’s our best for 2010.
10) Preston Bailey’s ‘Celebration’ Book Launch – Martha Walsh and Gloria Gaynor performed. Need we say more?
9) USA Network character Approved Celebration – Snow be dammed. The snowstorm did little to stop die-hard party-goers from getting their groove on; many came and partied HARD. Every turned was greeted by a famous face. Attendees included Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ryan Leslie, Tamara Tunie, Dule Hill, Sharif Atkins, Saffron Burrows, Tiffani Thiessen and William Garson.
8 ) Hugo Boss Prize 2010 – Held at the Guggenheim with a host of A-listers and art lovers the celebration included bubbly and dancing. It doesn’t get better than that. Spotted celebs included Dylan Mcdermott, Olivia D’Abo, and Alan Cumming.
7) Villa Pacri – Now this is how to open a restaurant. Three floors of fun, drinking, dancing and most shocking of all- food. Jessica White even made an appearance wearing a Jill Stuart and giving major side-eye to the gorgeous female attendees. True stoy.
6) Stanton Social Fifth Anniversary Celebration – Vueve Cliquot was flowing till the wee hours. DJ Reach clearly was on his a-game because he had the crowd partying way past acceptable bed time.
5) Black Eyed Peas Concert After Party – An impromptu appearance from Fergie would have made this party better but still the incredible celebration had all the trappings that made for a good party.
4) YSL Belle D’Opium Fragrance Launch – A transformed space made this a launch like no other. What was so special? Well, the venue was change to reflect the color of the bottle, there were live circus performers and of course the people watching made. Everything put together made for a memorable night. Socialites in attendance- Alexa Joel, Alexis Bledel, Fern Mallis, Belle D’Opium, Jessica White, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Oliver Martinez and Whitney Port.
3) Ferragamo ATTIMO Launch Party at Le Bain – Scoring an invite to this party was HARD but with good reason- Le Bain is tiny, exclusive and definitely not for the masses. Those lucky enough to attend enjoyed the tunes of DJ Kiss and oversaw an amazing view of the city.
2) Alexander Wang Spring 2011 Show After Party – Imagine a menagerie of nearly starving and very drunk fashion types partying late at night in a makeshift carnival constructed in a parking lot – it is as comical as it sounds. DJ Kiss was once again manning the DJ booth as Alexander Wang rapped, danced and raised the roof.
1) Target Kaleidoscopic Fashion Spectacular – This list WOULD not be complete without the Target Kaleidoscopic celebration. Reportedly costing $1.5 million to produce, this small affair, was the best party of the year.