Why You Must Try It: VMV Hypoallergenics’ Super Skincare
Honestly, raving about VMV Hypoallergenics never gets old. I recently stopped in for a Superskin Facial at the brand’s home on Mott Street and came out feeling oh-so-relaxed and more skintelligent. The treatment included pore-opening steaming, light comedone extraction, and to my delight, even a massage on arms and feet — “what stress?” is what went through my mind.
My esthetician Adrienne was fabulous, and I really appreciated how she walked me through every part of the process for my own understanding (isn’t it the worst if you’re getting a facial and don’t know when they’re going to poke at your face for extractions, or why they’re applying what they’re applying to your skin?).
I learned of some new uses for VMV’s gentle and nourishing products based on how the facial addressed my combination skin, including the following tips. Read on if your skin is sensitive and “needs a break” like mine!
- The Superskin 2 Monolaurin + Mandelic Acid Toner ($25.00) was used to help decongest skin. My forehead was a bit more congested
than other areas – due to results of sweating from workouts and pores getting clogged. I’m popping this toner in my gym bag from now on; it’s great to both prep skin both before a workout and after, to come to skin’s rescue most immediately after it experiences perspiration.
- Throughout the hour, VMV’s cult favorite Know-It Oil ($10-40), which is extracted from the brand’s own coconuts grown on its USDA-certified organic farm in the Philippines (serious stuff), was used not only to cleanse and moisturize my face, but also was massaged into my neck and body. The sensation is not only deeply soothing but the subtle, nutty aroma of one of nature’s finest fruits (we may be biased) is utterly delightful.
- The Know-It-Oil is so popular that if you want to get your hands on it right now, you’ll have to be patient! While it’s out of stock, Grandma Minnie’s Oil’s Well Nurturing Do-It-Oil ($15.00) gets the job done. The slight difference is in the addition of coconut-derived monolaurin, which is known for its antibacterial disinfecting properties. With the nature of my constant testing of beauty and skincare products, my face actually needs a break. In doing a “skincare fast” for the past few days since my facial, I’ve only used the Do-It-Oil on my face (no other products!). So far, any irritations and mysterious rashes that were previously surfacing are now nowhere in sight. Plus, my skin honestly feels really good and I love how this oil can multitask as a cleanser, moisturizer, massage oil, and more.
- My treatment was topped off with a delicate sweep of Grandma Minnie’s The Big, Brave Boo-Boo Balm ($20.00) on my lips, which have been chapped from recent sun exposure. This is one of the few things that feel 100% moisturizing on my lips at the moment!
It doesn’t take much convincing to consider VMV a skincare BFF after you experience it for yourself. Special for Spa Week, VMV’s Skin Specialist Boutique right here in the city is currently offering the below treatments for $50. Do it!
- 60 Min Allergen-Free Customized Balancing Combination Skin Facial
- 60 Min Allergen-Free Customized Oil-Control, Spring-Clean Facial
- 60 Min Allergen-free Customized MMMoisturizing Dry Skin Facial
VMV Hypoallergenics Skin Specialist Boutique is located on 227 Mott Street (between Prince St. & Spring St.), New York, NY 10012. Call 212-217-2762 to schedule an appointment.
*Disclaimer: The facial treatment was purchased on my own. Follow-up products were provided to me. Views expressed here are 100% my own.