Get the Look: Miley’s Teen Choice Awards Hair
Short hair is definitely all the rage in Hollywood. This past week alone, Beyonce and Coco Rocha blew up the social media sphere with buzz around their new, short ‘dos. Riding the wave of pixie and punk-rock inspired cuts, we got the scoop from Brant Mayfield on the step by step process he used to give Miley Cyrus her edgy look for the 2013 Teen Choice Awards. Check out his tricks:
– To begin, I start off by applying a small amount of René Furterer OKARA light activating leave-in fluid to towel-dried hair, working the product through to the ends to nourish the hair while adding radiance to Miley’s blonde locks.
– Next, I distribute a reasonable amount of René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam from scalp to ends for long-lasting volume and substantial hold. I then brush it through with a Mason Pearson brush to evenly distribute the product.
– Using a BarBar 3800 blow dryer, I rough-dry the hair until it is about 75% dry.
– Following that, I section off the hair and blow it out using a medium-sized Ibiza boar bristle round brush until the hair is completely dry. I make sure to round the left side so I can get the height and shape over to the right. As I move further to the right I begin to blow the hair straight to create the asymmetric silhouette.
– Next, I back-comb sections from the flipped left side so it stays in place.
– I coat my hands with half a dime-sized amount of René Furterer Modeling Paste and work the product into top of hair, avoiding the root, to create texture and to hold the shape.
– Then I lightly spray the left back-combed root section with René Furterer NATURIA dry shampoo to help build the base and keep the fullness throughout the night. I pull the hair through with a wide-tooth comb as not to break up the height and shape. This combined with the Modeling Paste will add a great chunky texture to the style.
– Following that, I lightly mist the René Furterer VEGETAL Finishing Spray to set the hair.
– Once set, I coat my hands with one pump of René Furterer KARITÉ leave-in repairing serum to smooth out the ends, tame “fly aways” and to add movement to the style.
– After Miley is dressed, I put the final touches on the look by lightly misting with René Furterer VEGETAL Finishing Spray for the hold that will last the evening.