Kimmie’s Gimmie Spring Break Top Picks
Kimmie Smith founder of the Kitten Lounge as well as an accessories expert and Sebago collaborator, recently hosted a soiree at Polished Beauty Bar, located on the Upper West Side, to share a few of her favorite ‘Spring Break’ picks. And, unlike the usual mélange of invitees which is often the norm, Kimmie’s Gimmies was decidedly small with only eight highly influential divas invited to an evening of manicures, girl talk, lots of laughter and of course a gift bag full Kimmie’s picks for the Spring Break.
The evening began with complimentary manicures at the uber chic salon that offers organic manicures and pedicures powered by Pharmacopia; individualized sterilized tools (a marker of cleanliness in my book) and a hosts of other really impressive services to make any germaphobe squeal with delight. No need to bring your own equipment there – they’ve got you covered. Given all of these gems its not wonder Polish Beauty Bar is the secret haunt of A-listers and perhaps why it was the chosen locale for the evenings activities. After our manicures, Kimmie shared her favorite things, a la Oprah with each guest receiving the pick. Here’s the selection:
- Orange Flower Glitz watch from Skagen ($130) – Even if you don’t wear a watch (like I do), this super delicate timepiece with its sexy band and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS (and you know I love bling) will surely make you reconsider your stance. Its truly chic and affordable.
- CND The Look collection by Jason Wu – The designer first collaboration with CND includes five delicious colors all named after women who we presume are important people in the designers. There’s an Anna and a Miss Wu, the colors which are a mixture of neutrals and a pop of color will surely serve appeal to a large group of women. How’s that for fancy?
- Zoya Nail Polish Remover – that is free of pesky chemicals such as formaldehyde, Toluene or Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) but is also offers the desired results.
- Gabriel Cosmetics Sea Mineral Hydra Mist– a perfect picker upper for a hot spring day. This moisturizing mist can be used on the face and the body. It has sea fennel and kelp to help replenish minerals lost throughout the day.
- We also received a darling piece from Monet Jewelry.
- Batiste Hair – When you are on the go it can be difficult to squeeze time to properly clean hair but this dry Shampoo can help maintain clean hair.
- A selection of Lush Cosmetics including a Comforter Bubble Bar, Silky Underwear Dusting Powder and the Sexy Peel soap. All of the products are handmade with natural ingredients.
- Amala Handbag Essentials – A super compact product that offers products ones need to care for the skin especially while on vacation. The set includes a hydrating hand cream, a rejuvenating hand cream and soothing lip salve. Like the lush products, this one also contains natural ingredients like jojoba oil, shea butter, and so many more.