#NYFW Backstage Beauty: STILA for PRISM London
Inside the penthouse at The Standard, it was warm and toasty- you wouldn’t know it was a cool 30 degrees outside. As PRISM London prepared to debut its newest in the shades and swimwear departments, the STILA Cosmetics team was all hands on deck to create the corresponding Fall 2017 beauty look created by Sarah Lucero (Global Executive Director of Creative Artistry for STILA) and led by Carly Giglio.
The finishing look was one of romance and a natural flush- cheeks were creamy and rosy, brows definitively molded in place, and everything on the face kept matte to accentuate a pure glow sans shimmer. Peek the photos below to see just how wearable this look was on various skin tones (plus a few snaps of the making of the hair look by O&M thrown in for good measure!).
Here’s the step-by-step to recreate this “Urban Eden” look:
- Prep the face by brushing up the brows and brushing through lashes. In the process of prepping the skin, the STILA team mentioned it helps to get the circulation going in order to bring out the natural color in the lips and cheeks. To ensure hydration, try Farmacy Honey Savior (a thick skin salve that’s great for dry skin and use overnight).
- Fill in the brows using Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color. Feather the pen throughout brows with gentle strokes to fill in brows completely. For extra fullness, you can also use a matte balm (such as O&M Texture Clay); just press into the brow for superior hold and added texture.
- Spread a thin layer of the Stay All Day Illuminating Beauty Balm around the face – this look is not meant for covering the skin heavily.
- Shape the eye using the Matte ‘N Metal Palette, focusing on the warm colors of the palette.
- Apply the HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara. A coat of lash primer was used on bottom lashes to provide more thickness and contribute to a dramatic, doe-eyed look.
- Brighten up the cheeks using the Sunrise Serenade Convertible Color Palette – for that soft, flushed look, it’s best to use a gentle tapping motion and application with your fingertips given the cream-base of the cheek color. A beauty blending sponge can be used as a finishing touch to diffuse out the color where needed.
- Check that lips are completely exfoliated. The Color Balm Lipstick in Misty (a slightly dusty pink) was applied to lips for a subtle tint of sheer color.
The Color Calm collection will be released in April 2017 (at Sephora, Ulta, and STILA) as part of the Summer Collection and perhaps what we’re most excited about is the Grayson shade – a gray-beige tint that we were so intrigued to see. When applied as a base layer underneath red lip color, for instance, it will help cool down the red tone (and literally cool the lips down thanks to being infused with peppermint oil). In total, there are three Color Calm shades, which also include Misty (used in this look) and Jesse (a colorless, sheer coat of hydration).