LOFT’s Alia Ahmed-Yahia Tells Us Her Summer Must Have
The Fabulous Report loves LOFT and we know you do too. A little over week go (January 26), I attended a preview for the summer collection at Industria Studio. As always the collection was superb and classic needless to say, I loved it and so did apparently a lot of bloggers. Many of whom are now being accused of violating FTC rules and of course this left many bloggers up in arms and are accusing Jezebel with poor reporting practices. YIKES.
I was genuinely pleased with the collection– no bribes for me here. Though, I did receive a $10 gift card, watch out LOFT here I come– want to join me, in a spending spree? Going once…Seriously! That said, rather than rave about the collection, I decided to do something different and contacted LOFT Senior Fashion Director Alia Ahmed-Yahia. I asked the fashion director for her take on the absolute must have for the summer from the collection. You really are going to enjoy what she picked; plus, what’s better than a “stylist” to help you pick pieces than the director herself? The selections range in price from $12.50 for a Raffia pins to $98 for a Sailing Ferns dress (my favorite). There’s something for every budget. Sadly, you will have to wait till May for the collection to hit stores so mark your calendars.
Alia’s MUST-Have LOFT Picks for Summer
– Oversized Bag – Summer is the easiest season of the year to pull off oversize printed bags. I’m loving large scale zebra prints for summer. LOFT’s large metallic neutral zebra tote is perfect to wear to work and is large enough to pack it for a quick weekend trip! (Zebra print tote $59.50 )
– A Graphic Printed Dress – I love LOFT’s sailing ferns maxi dress. It can be worn to the beach or dressed up with some statement jewelry for a night out. (Sailing ferns dress $98)
– Raffia Pins in neutral colors- They instantly add interest to any basic look! And can be worn in a variety of ways – on a scarf, a brown braided belt, or even to accessorize a basic sandal. (Raffia pins – small 12.50, large 14.50)
– Lightweight Anorak in Green – It’s my replacement for the summer cardigan. You can dress it up for a cold office environment by wearing over a floaty dress and adding a hard leather brown belt over the jacket. (Anorak $79.50)
– Jeweled Metallic Flats– I especially love pairing these with a short for a more casual look. (Jeweled flats $69.50)
– Jeweled Bib Necklaces. They provide an instant uplift to an easy summer knit dress. (Jeweled bib necklace $44.50)
Images below courtesy of LOFT.
See the choices in pictures…