Get the Look: Rosamund Pike at the 2015 Golden Globes
At the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, new mom (she just had her baby 5 weeks ago!) and Gone Girl actress Rosamund Pike showed off her daring style choice (a la Vera Wang) and a gorgeous, fresh faced look created by Melanie Inglessis for MAKE UP FOR EVER. For her wonderfully sleek ‘do,Kylee Rae Heath used products from Oscar Blandi.
To play up the Greek goddess-esque feel of Pike’s dress, Inglessis decided to create a look that was a little rock and roll and that enhanced the British beauty’s eyes with a soft, smoky grey hue.
Here’s how Pike got ready for her post-baby red carpet appearance.
– Inglessis started by prepping her skin with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer (which comes out in March), followed by CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 for light, luminous coverage.
– MAKE UP FOR EVER Small Highlighter Brush #140 was used to apply CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base to warm her skin, then concentrated on her cheekbones to contour naturally.
– Next, Inglessis applied MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Blush #215 Pink Flamingo onto the apple of her cheeks. Pike’s complexion was perfected with MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Pressed Powder (which Inglessis shares “is hands-down the best finishing powder I have ever used”).
– Inglessis started with her brows to frame the face, using MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Brow #15 Blonde, to achieve a perfect, natural brow.
– To create a soft, smoky eye look, she began with MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Liner #I-16 Iridescent Taupe Grey and MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Liner #M-60, applying it along the top and bottom lashes in a thick, dramatic line. She then blended CHANEL Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Mirage over the line and feathered it up to the crease using MAKE UP FOR EVER Large Precision Shader Brush #244.
– On the bottom outer corner of the eye, MAKE UP FOR EVER Medium Blender Brush #218 was used to blend in a back and forth motion. I added CHANEL Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Infini into the outer corner of the crease and applied with MAKE UP FOR EVER Medium Precision
Crease Brush #232 to add depth to the smoky eye look.
– Lashes were then curled and Inglessis applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Smoky Lash in Extra Black on the top lashes, and
used CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir on the bottom lashes for a sultry look.
– Pike’s lips were defined with MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil #5C Beige Brown and completed with a touch of CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Ingénue.
– Kylee Rae Heath prepped the damp hair with Hair Lift Mousse. He used the mousse throughout the roots and sprayed Oscar Blandi Jasmine Protein Mist from mid-shaft through the ends, combing through the hair.
– She then created a deep, straight side part with a tail comb.
– Once that was completed, Heath used a small round brush while blow drying hair on a low setting to work shine and volume into the hair.
– After the hair was dried, she used Oscar Blandi Dry Heat Protect Spray onto the hair & smooth out the ends with a flat iron. For this step it is important to only hit the ends of the hair with the iron. This will help maintain volume at the roots.
– Apply a small amount of Oscar Blandi Polish Glossing Creme to the ends to polish and to smooth away any flyaways around the part.
– Tuck the left side behind the ear and spray Oscar Blandi Lacca Medium Hold Hair Spray to finish and add more shine.